Our residential design efforts range from simple landscape plans for mid-size homes to major planning and detailed designs for estate residences. A new homeowner would generally use our services to place the house on the property as well as produce schematic and preliminary designs showing all exterior facilities and amenities. These elements could include driveways, walks, walls, patios, pool, fountain, spa, tennis court, and formal or informal gardens. Our design services are tailored to the unique setting of the property and the requirements of the owner and may include:
On Site Inventory and Analysis
- Prepare natural resources inventory and assessment
- Photograph and document existing conditions
- Prepare feasibility study
Master Plan Design
- Prepare site plan locating the following features:
- Driveways, parking courts.
- Pool, pool terraces, hot tubs, saunas, fountain, natural ponds and waterfalls.
- Pool house, pergola, sunscreen, fencing etc.
- Layout septic field, well locations.
- House utility connections.
- Layout garden walls, entry features, patios and decks.
- Layout tennis courts and other recreational amenities i.e. chipping and putting greens.
- Prepare conceptual landscape, lighting and irrigation plans.
- Provide detailed plans and specifications for permit, bid and construction.
- Prepare final landscape plan including planting, lighting and irrigation.
- Prepare bid package for competative bidding among local contractors and review and coordinate with owner or owner’s representative.
- Coordinate final hardscape and planting plans with architect, owner and other disciplines.
- Select site furnishings, planters, urns, tables, chairs, benches, athletic equipment, trash receptacles, etc.
- Prepare specifications.
- Recommend bidders.
- Review and evaluate bids.
- Make on-site construction as requested or recommendations.
- Review shop drawings.
- Visit site to make final inspection and prepare punch list.